06 August 2013
This is Our Town Kingston, operated by TIOV Limited (UK company number Company Number 08048225), is committed to protecting the privacy of its contributors, advertisers, suppliers of offers and vouchers and users of This is Our Town websites, Apps. and other associated media. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our websites, Apps and other associated media, or through any of our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The information we collect and how we use it.
This Is Our Town may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your e-mail address, name and contact details and other relevant information. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a contributor, the supplier of an offer or voucher or an advertiser
- to enable you to register for newsletters, offers and vouchers.
- To enable you to place advertisements
- to answer your enquiries
- to market products and services, advise you of news and service updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from such communications
- to fulfil contractual obligations
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality to TIOV Limited.
- TIOVLimited applies equal rigour to the security of data held and processed in the UK or elsewhere.
- If Incite People or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors.
- We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so.
- We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Where alerts are available for offers, vouchers, service updates, events and other information available on alert, you may wish to subscribe to alerts emails. You will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the information you have registered to receive via alerts. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links will be provided in every alert email that you receive. Alerts may also be received via RSS feeds without having to provide your email address. Emails are sent by TIOV Limited and associated group companies some of which may be outside the UK (in which case your details will be sent to or accessed by same to enable the relevant alert to be issued you).
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to ask us to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. which relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website – where data privacy practices may be different to those of This is Our Village. Users should consult the other websites’ privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about TIOV Limited online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office to speak to one of our representatives.
TIOV Limited is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
Our registered office is at: