A 24 hour strike by station staff is due to start at 6pm this Sunday, January 8 2017 and cause major disruption throughout Monday with almost all Zone 1 stations closed.
Members of the Transport Salaried Staffs Association (TSSA) and the Rail, Maritime and Transport union (RMT) are taking action due to a long-running dispute over job losses and ticket office closures.
The unions met LU bosses earlier this week under the chairmanship of the conciliation service Acas but said no progress had been made.
On Monday 9 January, for the whole day, TFL anticipate the services will be as follows:
- The majority of Underground stations in Zone 1 will be closed
- A limited service on the District, Circle and Hammersmith and City lines, although trains will not stop at all stations
- Although National Rail services will not be affected by this strike there will be no Underground services from key interchange stations such as Victoria, King’s Cross, Waterloo, Paddington, Euston, Bank and London Bridge
- A shuttle services wherever possible at the end of lines from approximately 0700-1900
- No service on:
- the whole of the Victoria line
- the North Acton to West Ruislip branch of the Central line
- the Waterloo and City line
- the Piccadilly line serving Heathrow terminals 4 & 5
Talks are ongoing and we will update you if anything changes.
Further information and updates can be found at https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/tube-strike